Saturday, October 20, 2012

Paleo Recipe Makeover: Cider-glazed Chicken

You must be feeling pretty lucky that I've made over two recipes in a row.  Yeah, I'm giving like that.  Sometimes the well is dry and I don't come across ANY recipes that are paleo or can be made over for weeks.  It probably doesn't help that all my food searches have been for "grilled cheese".  But then the internet gods send me a sign that I need to stay Paleo (for my health, for my recovery, to improve my running) by sending me TWO recipes in my inbox.  The first was the Creamy Cauliflower Soup from yesterday.  The other was Cider-Glazed Chicken with Browned Butter-Pecan Rice.  I did not attempt to paleo-ize the rice, but the Chicken glaze was already mostly paleo.  I just simply made a substitution of bacon grease for the butter.  If you are primal, or lacto-paleo, you can totally leave the glaze as it is in the original recipe.


trying to do fancy plating
CIDER-GLAZED CHICKEN

serves 4  cook time: 15 minutes


Ingredients

  • 1 tsp bacon grease or coconut oil
  • 1 pound chicken breast cutlets (about 4 cutlets) 
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup refrigerated apple cider 
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

simple ingredients 

Preparation


  1. 1. Melt 1 teaspoon fat/oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. 
  2. 2. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. 
  3. 3. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan. 
  4. 4. Add cider and mustard to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until syrupy. 
  5. 5. Add chicken to pan, turning to coat. Serve while hot. 
nutritional information: 150 cals, 2.5g fat, 0.8g sat fat, 66.8mg chol, 542.3mg sodium, 3.7g carbs, 0.1g fiber, 26.2g protein



No comments:

Post a Comment