Thursday, November 1, 2012

Paleo Chop Suey

Nothing makes me more proud than making a whole new original recipe. I'm normally recipe dependent so when I create something from random ingredients that actual tastes good, I'm surprised.  This recipe for Paleo Chop Suey was inspired by a need for a side dish and I just didn't feel like having a salad.  I had chosen to keep the stems from three heads of broccoli and wanted to use them.  I peeled the coarse outer layer from the stems and sliced them into strips to make the basis of this dish.  I think this dish manges to get an "asian" flavor without the use of soy sauce or Coconut aminos.

PALEO CHOP SUEY
Serves 4 prep time 25 minutes


Ingredients

  • 1.5lbs chicken breast, sliced thin
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 broccoli stems, peeled and sliced
  • 1 carrot, sliced
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup broth
  • 3 celery stems, sliced
Directions
  1. Heat Olive Oil on med-hi heat.
  2. Cook chicken, stirring frequently for about 3-4 minute or until no longer pink
  3. Add in garlic and onions, cook for 3 mins
  4. Add broccoli stems, carrots, and salt & pepper, cook 3 minutes
  5. Add in celery and broth, cook until broth had reduced (about 5-8 minutes)
  6. Serve alone or on top of prepared shirataki noodles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment