Monday, December 17, 2012

Restaurant Review: The Linkery, North Park, San Diego, CA

For our 12th anniversary, the husband booked us a table at The Linkery, a hip urban eating establishment in the North Park neighborhood of San Diego.  There are three outstanding features of the restaurant.

  1. They are Farm to Table, using only locally sourced ingredients.  It makes eating paleo pretty easy when you know exactly where the pork is coming from.  
  2. They have a NO TIP policy.  There's an 18% service charge added to EVERY check.  You can read about their policy here.  And honestly, we got THE BEST table service that I've EVER experienced in a restaurant.  I can't wait to go back.
  3. While not everything on the menu is so, they are a VERY paleo-friendly restaurant.
We started our meal with the two-year salt cured ham.  It comes with pickled cucumbers and pickled onions.  It was exceptionally refreshing, salty and briny.  A great way to ease our hunger pains while waiting for our entrees.  



For the main course I ordered the picnic plate which consists of 2 of their house made sausage links, coleslaw (made with housemade mayo), potato salad (again with their housemade mayo) and rye bread. The husband ordered the grass-fed beef burger and added cheese and bacon to it.  His burger came with housemade potato chips and their coleslaw.  For my links, I chose their alsatian and the Minnesota potato.  I totally recommend the Alsatian link.  It wasn't a completely solid link, which I prefer and the flavors combination of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg with the locally sourced pork were intoxicating.  The star of the plates were the coleslaw though.  It was light, unlike most coleslaws out there.  The cabbage was crisp and lightly dressed with the housemade mayo.  I'd go back JUST for that coleslaw.  


Hubby's burger
My Picnic Plate












The foodie pleasure continued with dessert.  The husband ordered the oaxacan chocolate ice cream, served with chilled oranges. I ordered the Migas Bark, a dark chocolate bark with bacon and vanilla.  It was absolutely amazing.  I already told the husband that I want him to go back and buy me some for next Valentine's Day.  Nothing says "I love you" like Migas Bark.  




Our tab (with the 18% table service charge) for 1 drink, 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts was about $80.  A bit pricy but completely worth it.  I cannot wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment