Saturday, September 22, 2012

Running Drunk




Ever run a race hungover?  I try not to, but when a Navy Ball is on the night before a race, you sometimes give in and indulge.  I just finished my first official* 10k, the Girls on the Go 10k in San Dimas.  (See my review of the race here)  I partied Paleo-style with NorCal Margaritas and my gluten-free/dairy-free menu selections and went to bed “early”.  Early enough to sleep off my alcohol and get 6 hours of rest.  When I woke up in the morning I felt CONSIDERABLY better than I thought I would.  I’m only 45 Days into this new Paleo lifestyle, so I’m still discovering new benefits.  NOT having a hangover due to excessive drinking and eating?  Yeah, BIG benefit.  Running my first 10k strong and fast (for me)?  BIG BENEFIT.  While Paleo has created certain restrictions on my life, it’s given me the freedom to indulge in paleo-friendly foods without feeling the after effects of hangovers and bloating. 




I’d be interested in hearing other paleo peeps’ stories of races after a night of debauchery . . .

*I'm a half-marathoner and so have run 6 mile training runs before, I just had never signed up for a 10K before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment