Monday, November 5, 2012

My Favorite Paleo Recipes: Bacon Crock Pot Roast


Lots of women impulse buy things like shoes or purses.  I tend to linger at the butcher counter, which inevitabley means I buy meat that I have no plans for.  Which means I then have to scour the internet looking for the perfect recipe.  Luckily one of my first "go-to" websites is Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations.  Not only does he create amazing recipes, he's funny as well.
From Twitter:

I just changed my own life. I fried avocado in bacon fat and then ate it with hot sauce. OMFG

My most recent impulse buy was a Beef Chuck Roast that was 50% off and just looked so pretty I had to have it.  I decided to use it in CCCC's Bacon Crockpot Roast recipe, which was a GREAT idea.  I'd never stuffed garlic and bacon into a large slab of meat before, and it turned out to be surprisingly entertaining.  And nothing beats putting in a large slab of meat into the crockpot, knowing that by 5p you're going to be digging into it.  This is a perfect Football Sunday recipe, in my opinion.




BACON CROCK POT ROAST

Servings: 5
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 7-10 Hours
Ingredients:
Pot Roast served with
Sliced tomatoes and steamed broccoli
  • 3lb Chuck Roast
  • 1 White Onion, sliced
  • 3-4 Slices of bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 6 Garlic cloves halved
  • 2 Tsp Sea Salt
  • 1/4 olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp Smoky Paprika
  • 1/4 Cup Chopped Parsley
  • 1 Tsp Oregano
  • 1 Tsp Thyme
  • 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar 
Process:
  1. Using a thin knife create about 12 holes deep into the meet about 1/2 inch wide, you need to be able to fit some garlic and bacon in the hole
  2. Now place bacon and garlic in each hole
  3. In a small mixing bowl, mix your Sea salt, paprika, parsley, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, EVOO, and red wine vinegar and mix well
  4. Rub your spice mixture all over both sides of your roast
  5. Line the bottom of your crock pot with your sliced onions and whatever left over pieces of bacon you have
  6. Place your roast on top and cook on Low for 7-10 hours.  Remember chuck roasts are tougher cuts of meat so the longer it cooks the better




No comments:

Post a Comment